Pages

Sunday, July 20, 2014

Seriously, goodbye Aqua Net!


L-R
Alterna Caviar Anti-Aging Working Hair Spray
Loreal Elnett Satin Hairspray
KMS Hair Stay dry xtreme hairspray
Oscar Blandi pronto Texture and Volumizing Spray


Back in the day (and I am talking the 80's here :) I was addicted to my Aqua Net. Seriously a day didn't go by that I didn't have my super permed super out to there hair shellacked with this stuff! My hair didn't move and was a serious fire hazard. *Sigh the 80's. These days I am more educated about products and know my hair better than ever. I favor softer more fluid holds and since I have very fine, thin hair I like a boost of volume without the stickiness.

Enter some old and some new hairsprays that are absolutely a pleasure to use. They give my hair lasting hold, volume and shine. The Loreal Elnett is my everday go to work hairspray. I have read that makeup artists and hairstylists used to hoard this stuff from Paris. Now that it is available here in the US and at local Target stores, Ulta's and even Walgreens, lots of people can get their hands on this product. It holds without the stiffness and although the smell is pure old school hairspray, it works.

When I want some heavy duty hold, KMS rocks! I received this size as one of my points rewards from Ulta and fell head over heels in love with it. It is very dry and a little does a lot. I have replaced this travel size several times and it fits in a purse quite well.

The Alterna was in a haircare kit of Caviar Anti-aging products and it is a medium hold. It smells great and also provides my hair with a shine. Another great size to travel.

Last but not least, the Oscar Blandi spray is great for spraying near my roots and getting instant lift and volume. It has a serious hold as well and helps my fine, thin hair look a little thicker.

What hairspray do you use? Were you addicted to Aqua Net? Do tell! Sherry

No comments:

Post a Comment